GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (ELEMENTARY)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR ASSAM STATE TEACHERS’ ELIGIBILITY TEST: 2014 (LAST & FINAL)
TO BE CONDUCTED
FOR SIKSHA MITRAS AND ADDITIONAL SIKSHA MITRA (LOWER PRIMARY, PAPER- I)
No. Esstt/TET-SM/Advt/09/2012/11127 Date:14.08.2014
DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION add_exam_sm_asm_22082014
Exam Date Notification, ATET 2014 Paper I and Paper II For Upper Primary (Class VI to VIII) and Lower Primary (Class I to V) Teachers Recruitment
10. Time schedule for Special SM/ASM TET (last & final), 2014, Assam:
|1||Publishing of list of remaining candidates (former SM/ASM) as per database in website (with paper advertisement)||22nd August, 2014|
|2||Addressing of grievances such as database correction, new application, in case of left out candidates at State Mission Office, SSA, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19.||26th – 31st August, 2014|
|3||On-line application form for generation of e-challan and deposit of examination fee at SBI branches||1st September, 2014 to
10th September, 2014
|4||Submission of examination fee deposited format at respective SSA District Mission Office.||18th September to 20th September,2014|
|5||Generation of Admit Card.||27th September, 2014 onwards.|
|6||Date of TET Exam.||19th October,2014|
1. As a part of the implementation of the Right to Education Act, 2009, Department of Elementary Education, Government of Assam has
decided to hold TET for Siksha Mitras and Additional Siksha Mitras.
The names of the SM/ASM who had not qualified in the first round of TET conducted for SM/ASM will be uploaded in the official websites of
TET viz. www.tetassam.com and www.ssaassam.gov.in, whose certificates/ documents were already verified during the first round of TET
for SM/ASM. The potential candidates, as uploaded in the website can make any correction with respect to their information details, subject
to further verification and confirmation regarding their working status from the concerned district offices/ State Mission Office, SSA. Candidate
must have served as Siksha Mitra or Additional Siksha Mitra in any of the 5015 erstwhile EGS centres at the time of upgradation
to LP school. No other applicants rather than SM/ASM will be considered as eligible candidate for this examination.
2. The eligibility criteria of the candidates to appear in the TET are as follows:
a) Candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
b) Candidate must have minimum academic and professional qualification as follows:
i) Senior/Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name
ii) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) in
accordance with the NCTE (recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, 2002;
iii) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks with 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed);
iv) Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50 % marks with 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
v) Graduation from any UGC recognised University and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (irrespective of marks obtained in
graduation). With regard to candidates having graduation degree, the minimum percentage of marks specified above at + 2 stage Senior
secondary /higher Secondary will not be required.
3. Ministry of Human Resource & Development (MHRD) has relaxed professional qualification till 31.03.2015. However, any TET
qualified candidate appointed as a teacher must acquire the required professional qualification as laid down by NCTE mandatorily within
Relaxation up to 5 % in the entry qualification marks as stated in para 2 above shall be applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/
MOBC/ PH to appear in the TET. (The degree of handicap in case of PH candidates should be minimum 40% and to be certified by the
competent authority). In case of differently abled persons, only orthopaedically handicapped persons/ persons with loco-motor impairment
(with 40 % and above degree of disability) will be eligible for appearing in Teacher Eligibility Test
5. STRUCTURE AND CONTENT OF THE SM/ ASM TET: 2014, ASSAM:
The Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V (Lower Primary School).
Structure and Content (All Compulsory) Paper I (for classes I to V):
|Sl No||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|(i)||Child Development and Pedagogy( compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii)||Language I – Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, Hmar
,Karbi, Nepali, Manipuri, Garo and Alternative English
|30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii)||Language II- English.||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv)||Mathematics||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|v)||Environmental Studies||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
The type of Questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and will carry 1 (one) mark each. Total marks will be 150. There will be no
A candidate is required to score 60 % i.e. 90 marks out of 150, to pass the Teachers’ Eligibility Test. However, for SC/ST
(Hills)/ST(Plain)/OBC/MOBC/PH, there will be relaxation of 5 % in the pass mark, in which case, 55 % i.e. 83 out of 150 marks will be
required to pass the TET.
6. Duration of examination: (150 Minutes) for paper-I.
The syllabi of the above subjects have been posted in the web site of TET- Assam and Axom Sarba Siksha Abhiyan, Mission http://www.tetassam.com and www.ssaassam.gov.in.
7. If any candidates names were not in the database or left out, they may apply directly to the Member Secretary, Empowered Committee
(TET), Elementary, Kahilipara, Guwahati within 26th to 31stAugust, 2014 along with a set of photocopy of all certificates/ documents in
support of their candidature as working SM/ASM during the period of upgradation to new school in the year 2009 and 2010 respectively.
On-line application and submission of examination fee through SBI branches only.
8. Examination will be conducted only in one Centre viz: Guwahati.
The pass cum mark sheet certificate will be issued to all successful candidates. The validity of the certificate shall be for 7 (seven) years from
the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, TET, Govt. of Assam.
11. Detailed steps of submission of examination fee:
A fee of Rs. 500/- is required to be paid by all intending candidates. Intending candidates whose names are uploaded in the official website of
TET, requested to follow the following steps:
a) Log-in through the web site www.ssaassam.gov.in and www.tetassam.com
b) Download Instruction Manual.
c) Read Carefully the Instruction Manual on how to fill-up the examination fee format. d) After successful submission of filled-up form, candidate can take print out of fee format.
e) After taking printout of fee format, candidate has to pay the examination fee @ 500/- (Five hundred) in nearest branch of State Bank of India.
After receiving the payment, Bank will give “Transaction Id” as confirmation of payment and examination fee deposited format will be
accepted at respective SSA District Mission Office. IMPORTANT POINTS:
i. The Test will be only for Paper-I (Lower Primary) only. ii. Candidates intending to appear in TET will have to submit the non-refundable examination fee of Rs. 500/- by generating e-challan.
iii. Appearing/qualifying in Teachers’ Eligibility Test will not confer the right to claim for appointment/engagement for any post of teacher. Teacher
recruitment in government or private schools will be a separate process to be conducted as and when vacancy arises.
iv. All candidates desirous of appearing in TET should note that in case of their engagement as teacher, subject to vacancies and teacher
recruitment process, will entail posting in remote rural areas including char, reverine and hilly areas, anywhere in the state of Assam. Further,
no special consideration will be granted in respect of posting of female candidates.
v. Candidates have to give an undertaking regarding agreement with terms and condition as laid down in this advertisement and that all his/
her submission are true. Submission of false information will lead to cancellation of candidature.
vi. There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer. vii. Detailed instruction on filling up of examination fee Format is given in the Instruction Booklet to be downloaded from the web site
www.tetassam.com and www.ssaassam.gov.in. viii. Candidates must pay the examination fee through the SBI branches only. No booking charge /postage fee will be levied upon the
ix. In case of differently able persons, only orthopaedically handicapped persons/ persons with loco-motor impairment (with 40
% and above degree of disability) will be eligible for appearing in Teacher Eligibility Test.
x. Examination will be organised in 1 Centre only, viz. Guwahati.
ATET 2014 Assam TET
- The Government of Assam Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) will conduct Assam Teachers Eligibility Test (ATET) 2014 also known as Assam TET, as per the formalities laid down by the central regulating authorities. Assam TET is for the candidates aspiring to become teachers in primary (class I -V) and upper primary (VI-VIII) schools in the state of Assam.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Assam TET 2014 notification will be released by the Department of School Education, Assam OR concerned examination board as directed by the Government of Assam. TET is a compulsory examination for all the B.Ed. qualified candidates to be considered for teacher jobs in schools run by the government and private managements. Candidates may be facilitated to apply online for this examination. Here are the details of the ATET notification, syllabus, question pattern, eligibility details.
Eligibility and Qualifications for Assam TET 2014:
Candidates should have following qualifications as prescribed by the NCTE. The State governments may change the qualifications and eligibility requirements as per the GOs issued by them.
- Assam TET (ATET) Qualification Teachers of Classes I-V (Paper I) 2014:Candidates should have passed in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45 percent marks. Those appearing in final 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible. OR Candidates with BA / B.Sc. with at least 50 percent marks and B.Ed qualification can also apply.
- Assam TET (ATET) Qualification Teachers of Classes VI-VIII (Paper II) 2013 : Applicants having B.A. / B.Sc and those appearing in final 2 year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed / appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for ATET.
- Assam Secondary TET 2014
ATET 2014 Exam pattern, Syllabus and Scheme:
ATET Syllabus consists of two objective type question papers. Each paper will consist of 150 MCQs and each question carries 1 marks totaling for 150 marks. Following are the details of question papers :
- Paper I Syllabus: To become teachers for classes I-V in Assam primary school.
- Paper II Syllabus: To become teachers for classes between VI and VIII in Assam upper primary school.
- Paper I and II: For those candidates who interested in teaching from Class I to VIII. They can appear for both the papers and have to get qualifying marks to be considered for all the classes.
Structure and Content (All Compulsory): Assam Teachers Eligibility Test 2014
|(i) Child Development and Pedagogy||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv) Mathematics||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(v) Environmental Studies||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
ATET 2014 Paper II (for classes VI to VIII): Duration of examination – one-and-a-half hours
Structure and Content: Assam Teachers Eligibility Test 2014
|(i) Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(ii) Language I (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iii) Language II (compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|(iv)(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science (b) For Social Studies/Social Science teacher: Social Science (c) For any other teacher: either (a) or (b)||60 MCQs 60 MCQs||60 Marks 60 Marks|
ATET or Assam TET Results 2014/ Qualification Marks
- More than 5 lakhs students of Assam are waiting for the results, An Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Assam TET candidate who scores 60% or more in Assam TET exam 2014 the exam will be considered as ATET pass.
·Assam Govt May consider giving concessions to persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently abled persons, etc., in
accordance with their extant reservation policy of Assam Teachers Eligibility Test (ATET) 2013;
- · ATET Should give weightage to the Assam TET scores in the recruitment process; however, qualifying the ATET candidates would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteriafor appointment.
ATET or Assam TET Exam 2014 Admit Card and Hall Ticket Download
- All ATET candidates can Download Admit Card OR Hall Ticket from Assam TET Exam Official website before 15 days of the exam date.